Events and more...


See Coming Up tab at the top of the page for updates



Friday 31 January 2014

UPCOMING GIGS in FEBRUARY (and beyond)

Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be popping up all over the place. I was asked to be Hammer & Tongue's guest poet for the month, which means, from next Tuesday, 4th Feb, I'll be performing at Hackney, then Bristol on Weds, Brighton Thurs, Camden Monday 10th, Oxford on the 11th and Cambridge the 12th.

Before that, I'll be easing into the week at Rrrants at the Camden Head - my old local - on Monday. It's free - a mix of music, comedy, poetry and easy vibes.

Afterwards, I'll be at a school showcase on the 13th, and Brixton Library on Feb 14th (more on the last two to come!). The 16th, Utter!'s 10th birthday event (which I've posted about before) will be my last gig of the month. I'll be doing a couple of things in March, most notably Polari Up North in Huddersfield (more to come) and winding down almost completely in April, while I sort a plan for the rest of the year. 

I hope it'll be a good opportunity for me to see new places, get inspired by new poets,  rock out some new poetry and meet some people I haven't seen in ages too. I'm really excited about it. 

I'll be doing a few mini-updates at least once every couple of days, so stay posted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DETAILS FOR H&T Hackney



  • Chance of Rain 11°C / 7°C
  • New year, new venue!
    Same amazing standard of poetry, same brilliant slam opportunities!

    Hammer and Tongue Hackney has moved to a new home in Dalston - Bar Hysteria, just down from Dalston Junction.

    We are celebrating this with two fantastic poets, Keith Jarrett and Chimène Suleyman performing and our monthly open slam.

    Previous London and UK poetry slam champion, Keith's writes and performs, “lyrically rich poems, charged with emotion, passion and lots of humour” (Sabotage Reviews)

    Chimène is a poet who regularly writes for the Independent and Poejazzi. Her new poetry collection, 'Outside Looking On' will be published by Influx Press in July. Her poetry has been heard all over country including performances at the Royal Opera House. She represented the UK at the International Biennale in Rome in 2011.

    Aaaaand the Open Slam!
    Come down to take part in our legendary open slam, which can lead eventually to the Hammer and Tongue national final, and accolades beyond!
    First 8 to sign up get to slam.

    Hosted by the ever entertaining Sam Berkson (aka Angry Sam), the irrepresible, globe trotting Paula Varjack and with soulful vibes from the record collection of Kit Caless (NTS/Resonance FM).

    Doors, DJ and slam sign up from 19:00.
    £5/4


578 Kingsland RoadE8 4AH London, United Kingdom



No comments:

Post a Comment