Events and more...


See Coming Up tab at the top of the page for updates



Sunday 13 July 2014

Now Reading: MAGIC AMERICA! Yay!

A good friend and writer, C.E. Medford, has published her first book, Magic America, just in time for US Independence Day on July 4th. She creates these tightly-written sentences and conjures up the kind of urban magic realism I enjoy using Hope, the narrator, who takes us through this alternate version of 1980s Trenton, New Jersey, where she is coming of age. I'm not quite halfway through yet, as I'm taking my time to enjoy it, but I'll keep you posted. 

Happy to know a good community of writers (the Unwriteables, who I've mentioned before) and to see lifelong writing projects take such physical shape. Got my copy in hand and off to continue reading in the park (before it starts raining again)... Will post more tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment