Events and more...


See Coming Up tab at the top of the page for updates



Tuesday 31 March 2015

UPDATE... GOOD NEWS!!!

Great things come in threes, they say; so here are three things I'm really proud are happening, which I've had news of in the last couple of weeks:

Doctor, doctor

I am holding a letter in my hand - well, not right now, seeing as I'm typing this - and the words "I am pleased to inform you that your application has been successful..." are dancing in front of my eyes. As of October, I will be beginning a Birkbeck PhD studentship, with co-supervision from SOAS, University of London. Some of the hard work getting to this stage is starting to pay off, and more hard work is about to begin. I have six months to clear some more space on my bookshelf ;) and to begin the transformation back into studenthood.

Speaking of Bookshelves...

Things are picking up on the publications front. It's not quite real until it has a name, but my next poetry pamphlet* - which will either be called Falling Through the Unspoken or Seize - is coming soon. Expect more news in the build up to May.

*For those not in the know, the difference between a "pamphlet" and a "collection" is mostly to do with size, I've been told. I've seen smaller collections but, at 20 poems, this one will be a pamphlet. (The collection is coming next year!)

Lambda Writers' Retreat

I've been accepted as a Fiction Fellow on Lambda Writers' Retreat (described by previous fellows as a "literary bootcamp", rather than a retreat) in June! It will be a massive opportunity for me to write fiction, network, write some more fiction... all under the guidance of strong mentors. Any help towards my travel fund would be appreciated, whether it's spreading the word, tweeting the campaign or donating a small amount that will get me to my target.


Coming up, I have a couple of gigs in April... the next exciting one is Boomerang Club next Weds! Links will appear - like magic - in the next couple of days.

Following that, I'll be in Oxford and York... then Bilbao at the end of May. I'll update my 'Coming Up' page by the end of the week.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment