Events and more...


See Coming Up tab at the top of the page for updates



Sunday 13 September 2015

Reading List this Week



A little male-heavy this week, I know... I'll  balance it out the next time I do a book cram.

I was super thrilled to get my copy of Marlon James' book a couple of days ago. After already reading The Book of Night Women, which was both harrowing and one of the most incredible reads I've come across, I don't expect it to be an easy, but it'll be a good one!*

And who doesn't want to read a book called Happiness? I'm an big fan of Jack Underwood and of Andrew McMillan, so I've nearly devoured these two collections already (also, for the record, anyone who can turn urination into a tender experience deserves a lot of credit, as McMillan rightly has).
Having flicked through Dominique Christina's timely collection, I'm pleased to see that 'Period Poem' features; I loved watching her performing this and I don't feel much is lost on the page.

I have just a few more days off till things get a little busy again for me, so seeing what I can do to feed my book addiction with the time I have left. If I'm not replying to texts, now you know why! :))

*And I've just seen it's been shortlisted for the Booker Prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment