Events and more...


See Coming Up tab at the top of the page for updates



Saturday 12 March 2011

Feeling Orange

I used to play this song to get ready for work in the morning... an appropriate start to the day? I dunno, but when the instrumentation stops and she starts riffing over the drums, that's panic-dress time. Replay the song and you're late!

Anyway, just found this song again last night. Ledisi's a mad vocalist live. But, more than anything, it's the sentiment of the chorus that's stuck in my mind:

"Feeling orange again, orange again/ But blue sometimes..."

I sometimes get asked, what are your poems about? And I find it hard to answer properly... personal stuff? love? politics? I don't know and I don't think that's for me to say, really. What I do know is I don't spend much time musing about Nature. But if I did, I couldn't go far wrong with a line like that to describe the Spring mood. There's an optimism taking over again, but it's not fully secured in place. Now we have light, warmth and sun, even though winter's reminders are still with us...


No comments:

Post a Comment