Events and more...


See Coming Up tab at the top of the page for updates



Tuesday 29 March 2011

The Week

Poetry

\producing quite a lot of new poems at the moment. I've also found myself occasionally posting direct onto this blog or typing into my phone while I'm on the go.

\been to a few gigs recently and getting a good energy from hearing other poets. Particularly enjoyed being at Keats House last weekend.

\performing at Chill Pill Weds! Looking forward to the relaunch. Am also looking forward to two Farrago dates - one at RADA on Thurs, and the other as part of Poetry Rivals in Peterborough on Saturday

Prose

\writing has stalled a little in the past week. I haven't learnt to do fiction on the go in the same way as I can poetry, so it means I need to set aside the time... So looking forward to my two days off this week, and seeing what I can produce.

\reading, on the other hand, is good. After worming through several books this month, I've now started reading Submarine by Joe Dunthorne and The Fifth Figure by Jean 'Binta' Breeze.

\research - I need a few recommends on Black British History and Caribbean Folklore, and particularly Anansi stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment